Tuesday 9 October 2007

Wit and Wisdom - Work

Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do.
Oscar Wilde

They were a people so primitive they did not know how to get money except by working for it.
Joseph Addison

Most people like hard work, particularly when they're paying for it.
Elbert Hubbard

My son has taken up meditation. At least it's better than sitting and doing nothing.
Max Kauffmann

I work for myself, which is fun. Except when I call in sick, I know I'm lying.
Rita Rudner

Sexual harassment at work: is it a problem for the self-employed?
Victoria Wood

If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers...
Homer Simpson

-------

Source: The Funniest Thing You Never Said by Rosemarie Jarski

No comments: